Tips for Halloween Safety
Halloween is the fun-filled kick off to every holiday season. A few tips can ensure that this year’s festivities are enjoyed by all!
Halloween Safety Tips
- Non-toxic face makeup is a much safer alternative to masks for children, as masks can limit site and stifle breathing. Make sure wigs don’t cover their eyes, ears or noses
- Avoid decorative contact lenses for children also
- Take extra care when carving pumpkins – don’t leave children alone with carving utensils
- Use a glow stick or flame-less candle, rather than a lit candle, for jack o’lanterns
- Accompany children under 12 while they trick or treat – make sure they know how to dial 911 in case of separation. Flashlights and a name tag with a phone number placed inside of a costume can also be helpful
- Check all treats, prior to consumption. Safely discard of anything unsealed or questionable
- Pet safety is a concern also during this holiday – keep animals away from trick-or-treaters, and also be mindful of keeping harmful food and objects out of their reach
- Traveling in groups while out on Halloween evening or night can really aid in reinforcing safety measures
Encourage your family and friends to look out for one another this holiday (including furry family!). Have a safe and Happy Halloween.
Contact a New Jersey Attorney
At the office of Harold J. Gerr, Attorney at Law, we have fought for the rights of personal injury and premises liability accident victims in central New Jersey for more than three decades. We carefully choose the cases we handle, so that we can provide the highest levels of service and personal attention to each client. We are also happy to take over your case, if your first lawyer does not seem to have your best interests in mind. Contact us online or call our office at 732-537-8570 (toll-free at 1-877-249-4600).