Seasoned Legal Counsel from TBI Attorneys in Woodbridge Is A Critical Part of Any Personal Injury Claim in Middlesex County and Throughout NJ
Traumatic Brain Injuries – or TBIs – are a serious public health issue. Whether mild or severe, TBIs can have long-term effects on a victim. If you were involved in an accident or were diagnosed with injuries to the head or brain, contact the experienced Woodbridge Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers at the Law Offices of Harold J. Gerr. Based on the specifics of your case, you may be entitled to various forms of compensation. Our TBI attorneys in Woodbridge will walk you through what you need to know about identifying TBIs, estimating the value of your claim, and filing a claim with the at-fault party’s insurer.
Seek Justice for Your Injury. Contact The Law Offices of Harold J. Gerr for Experienced Representation Today.
Understanding the Serious Impacts of TBIs with a Dedicated Woodbridge Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer
TBIs most often occur when a victim’s normal brain function is somehow disrupted, usually as a result of external blows, jolts, penetration by a foreign object, or medical errors. Motor vehicle collisions are one of the leading causes of TBI in the United States, but TBIs can also occur from workplace injuries, slips and falls, intentional self-harm, violence, and sports accidents, as per theCDC. Young children and the elderly are disproportionately at risk for TBIs, and the NHTSA reports that there are approximately 1.7 million TBI-related fatalities, hospitalizations, and ER visits in the United States every single year.
While the majority of TBIs are minor, they can all affect a victim’s cognition, sensation, language abilities, and emotions. As a TBI victim, you may experience varying degrees of the following:
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly
- High irritability
- Sleeping excessively
- Listlessness, sadness, and depression
- Nausea or vomiting
- Feeling dizzy
- Abnormal sensitivity to sound or light
- Poor balance
- High anxiety
All of these are serious health issues, and you should be compensated if you have to suffer them as a result of someone else’s actions or errors. Unfortunately, TBIs can be difficult to identify and diagnose, and many TBI-related symptoms and illnesses do not appear immediately after an accident, making the victim feel fine, only to start experiencing discomfort or poor health weeks or even months after the fact.
This is where we come in. If you were in an accident of any kind or were formally diagnosed with a TBI, our Woodbridge Traumatic Brain Injury lawyers can help you identify potential sources of compensation and the value of your injuries using medical and economic experts. If needed, we can help you diagnose a TBI as well, and this will give us the grounds needed to follow up with a claim if the case evidence backs such a claim.
"Excellent law firm. Mr. Gerr is extremely knowledgeable and personable. He has a genuine interest in his clients. His staff is great also."T.D. View All Client Reviews
Pursue Fair Compensation with Our TBI Accident Attorneys in Woodbridge
Common expenses and damages that you can include in a TBI claim – based on the extent and nature of your accident and injuries – include:
- Medical treatment expenses, which include everything from diagnostic testing and scans to blood tests, surgical procedures, medications, and assistive devices
- Lost income and/or lost earning potential
- Property damage
- Pain, suffering, and emotional damage
- Loss of a loved one
- Punitive damages, if applicable
Many TBI diagnoses – particularly those that involve children – are handled by multidisciplinary teams of medical specialists, which can include surgeons, neurologists, therapists, and social workers. Treatments like these can be prohibitively expensive, and the victim may require them for months or even years, so speak with our Woodbridge traumatic Brain Injury lawyers today for assistance with winning the compensation you deserve.
- $1 MPedestrian Accident
- $845 KCommercial Truck Accident
- $275 KSlip and Fall Accident
How Our TBI Accident Attorneys in Woodbridge will Determine and Seek Compensation for Your Injuries
Different types of insurance can potentially be used to compensate your losses and expenses after an accident. For example, when it comes to TBIs caused by motor vehicle accidents, you may have recourse to your personal liability or vehicle collision coverage and underinsured or uninsured motorist coverage. For TBIs caused by medical malpractice, you may be able to seek compensation from the insurer of the medical team or facility that treated you. For workplace and premises accidents, workers’ comp and business owner insurance policies will come into play. You may even be able to sue the at-fault party if their negligence or actions led to life-altering or catastrophic injuries, which include paralysis, amputations, and wrongful death.
To win compensation, you need to be able to prove the following:
- That the at-fault party owed you a duty of care, typically defined as safe, skilled, or socially accepted actions that can be expected of someone else in the same situation;
- That the at-fault party somehow breached the duty of care using evidence such as police reports, eyewitness testimony, video evidence, machine or vehicle repair logs, etc.;
- That the at-fault party’s breach of the duty of care is what caused your accident;
- That you sustained a TBI or other injuries or losses in the accident.
With evidence proving liability and your losses, you can submit your evidence in a demand letter to the at-fault party’s insurer for the compensation you deserve.
Compassionate Woodbridge Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers Are Just a Call Away
The TBI accident attorneys in Woodbridge at the Law Offices of Harold J. Gerr are here to help you with your TBI case. Statutes of limitations apply to personal injury cases so do not hesitate to call us today.
Traumatic Brain Injury Areas Served
- Middlesex County
- East Brunswick Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Metuchen Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- North Brunswick Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Old Bridge Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Perth Amboy Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Sayreville Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- South Amboy Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- South Plainfield Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- South River Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Woodbridge Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Somerset County