Rideshare Vehicle Accident Attorneys in Highland Park Fight to Defend the Rights of Rideshare Accident Victims in Mercer County, Somerset County, and Throughout NJ
Rideshare apps have completely changed the transport industry. They have become one of the most convenient ways to move around. Like other motorists on the road, rideshare drivers are also at risk of being involved in an accident. If you have been injured in an accident involving a rideshare accident, you may be confused about who to hold liable for your damages. The New Jersey rideshare accident attorneys at The Law Offices of Harold J. Gerr are experienced in recovering compensation on behalf of victims injured in ride-share accidents. We’ll work to ensure you receive the financial compensation you need and deserve.
Our team is dedicated to understanding and applying new laws and legal requirements. We have a track record of crafting effective defenses on behalf of our rideshare accident clients and recovering significant compensation for their damages. Whether you were a passenger in a rideshare vehicle, a driver in another vehicle, or even a pedestrian, we will fight to recover the compensation that is owed to you.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with our rideshare vehicle accident attorneys in Highland Park, NJ. We fight on your behalf to ensure that you don’t bear the economic burden of your injuries on your own.
Seek Justice for Your Injury. Contact The Law Offices of Harold J. Gerr for Experienced Representation Today.
Insurance Requirements for Rideshare Vehicles
Rideshare accidents are quite different from other road accidents when it comes to pursuing a claim for compensation. Unlike taxi drivers and other means of transport, rideshare drivers are not considered employees of the rideshare companies. They are in fact considered independent contractors. However, New Jersey law requires rideshare companies to provide insurance cover for their drivers.
Rideshare accident claims are complicated by the fact that the rideshare company’s insurance coverage differs depending on the circumstances at the time of the accident. In general:
- The rideshare insurance is only available if the accident occurred when the rideshare driver was on the clock. This means that the driver was logged into the app at the time of the accident.
- If the rideshare driver was carrying a passenger at the time of the accident, the rideshare insurance will cover up to $1.5 million in bodily injury as well as property damage or death. It will also cover up to $10,000 in medical costs.
- If the rideshare driver was waiting for rideshare passengers and logged into the app at the time of the accident, the rideshare insurance will cover up to $50,000 in bodily injury or death per person. It will also cover up to $100,000 in bodily injury or death per accident as well as up to $25,000 in property damage.
- If the rideshare driver was not logged into the app at the time of the accident, the rideshare driver’s private insurance policy will cover the damages
"Excellent law firm. Mr. Gerr is extremely knowledgeable and personable. He has a genuine interest in his clients. His staff is great also."T.D. View All Client Reviews
The rules for rideshare insurance coverage exempt rideshare accidents from the no-fault insurance rule applied in New Jersey. Under the no-fault system, accident victims must first look to their own insurance coverage for compensation. This is the case even when the accident was not their fault. However, with rideshare accidents, victims can seek compensation from the rideshare company’s insurance policy.
This doesn’t mean that recovering compensation from a rideshare company’s insurance policy is easy. Insurance companies will do all they can to avoid losses. Many rideshare accident victims end up frustrated because of the challenges and complications they encounter during the recovery process.
The New Jersey rideshare accident lawyers at The Law Offices of Harold J. Gerr will ensure that you recover the financial compensation that you rightly deserve.
- $1 MPedestrian Accident
- $845 KCommercial Truck Accident
- $275 KSlip and Fall Accident
Contact The Law Offices of Harold J. Gerr to Consult with Experienced New Jersey Rideshare Accident Attorneys
If you’ve been involved in a rideshare accident, you may be confused about what to do next and how to recover compensation for your injuries and damages. Our New Jersey rideshare accident attorneys are ready and willing to provide you with the answers you need. Schedule a free consultation with our rideshare vehicle accident attorneys in Highland Park, NJ, and learn about your rights and options. You can rely on our experienced team to fight for the best outcome in your case.