Our Dedicated TBI Attorneys in Metuchen Will Help You Seek Compensation for Your Injuries and Will Handle Your Insurance Claim for Personal Injury Cases in Middlesex County and Throughout NJ
Traumatic Brain Injuries – otherwise known as TBIs – are one of the most serious types of non-fatal injury that you can have. According to theCDC, TBIs are a leading cause of death and disability in America, with almost 64,000 TBI-related deaths being recorded in 2020 – an average of over 170 TBI-related deaths every single day. The figures for non-fatal TBI cases are equally alarming. If you or a loved one suffered a TBI, contact the experienced Metuchen Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers at the Offices of Harold J. Gerr today for assistance with your case.
Seek Justice for Your Injury. Contact The Law Offices of Harold J. Gerr for Experienced Representation Today.
Common Causes of Head and Brain Injuries That Our TBI Attorneys in Metuchen Can Handle on Your Behalf
Some of the leading causes of head injuries and TBIs include:
- Blunt force trauma to the head
- Strong shaking of the head
- Piercing of the skull
Falls, firearm-related accidents and violence, motor vehicle accidents, and assault are common causes of TBIs. Anyone can suffer a TBI in an accident, but some of the demographic groups at the highest risk of TBIs include:
- Racial and ethnic minorities
- Members of the armed forces
- The homeless
- People in correctional or detention facilities
- The elderly
- Young children
Even with safety features such as seatbelts, airbags, child restraints, no-slip flooring, crumple zones and collision avoidance systems in vehicles, anti-lock brakes, fall-prevention equipment, and safety gear such as hardhats, you can still suffer a serious head injury or TBI in an accident. Depending on how severe your injuries are, you may require short-term or long-term medical care. In older adults, TBIs can be difficult to diagnose, and in younger children, it can lead to life-long disability.
Do not leave anything to chance and contact our skilled Metuchen Traumatic Brain Injury lawyers today for assistance with your case. We will investigate the cause of your accident and will gather the evidence needed to prove liability and your accident-related losses and damages so that you can seek a fair compensation payout from the at-fault party’s insurer for your losses.
"Excellent law firm. Mr. Gerr is extremely knowledgeable and personable. He has a genuine interest in his clients. His staff is great also."T.D. View All Client Reviews
Understanding the Duty of Care with Our Empathetic Metuchen Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
One of the most complex aspects of any accident-related TBI case is proving the duty of care. Based on the situation or scenario in question, the duty of care can be defined as the actions that a safe, responsible, and skilled individual would have taken under the same circumstances to avoid inflicting harm on you or others. In a medical setting, this means doctors, nurses, and other caregivers should have the training, skills, and knowledge needed to provide you with care. Poor training, worker fatigue, or general mistakes that lead to a TBI or head injury can be grounds for an insurance claim in such a scenario.
The same rationale applies to motor vehicle accidents in which motor vehicle operators and road users owe others a duty of driving safely, responsibly, and following safe driving rules and norms, and workplace accidents where your employer, a maintenance or service team member, or business operator have a duty to ensure a safe workplace, safe machinery, and accident-proof environs for workers.
- $1 MPedestrian Accident
- $845 KCommercial Truck Accident
- $275 KSlip and Fall Accident
Gathering Evidence and Filing a Claim with Our TBI Attorneys in Metuchen
Before you can file a claim, you must identify the at-fault party and prove that they owed you a duty of care. You must also show how – and to what extent – the at-fault inflicted harm on you. Evidence that can be used to prove these – both the breach in the duty of care and the extent of your damages – includes:
- Photos and video recordings of the accident (cellphone, dash cam, CCTV, and surveillance camera footage)
- Eyewitness statements
- Cell phone usage records
- Blood concentration levels for driving and machinery-related TBI cases
- Drug and medication usage
- Work logs and driving logs to prove overwork, worker fatigue, or reckless behavior
- Police reports on the accident
- Vehicle and machine repair logs to prove malfunctions
Based on the evidence at hand, you may be able to file a claim against one or several at-fault parties, which can be:
- Another driver or road user
- A commercial trucking company
- A device, vehicle, or parts manufacturer
- A local municipality in charge of road repairs or traffic control devices
- A healthcare institution
- A medical care provider such as a doctor or nurse
- A property owner or business operator
Our Metuchen Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers Are Here to Help
The respected Metuchen Traumatic Brain Injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Harold J. Gerr are just a call away. We will help you gather evidence, quantify your losses, and file a claim for your Traumatic Brain Injury. Call us today to learn more about personal injury law, the claims process, and how we will protect your rights and seek the compensation you deserve for your losses.
Traumatic Brain Injury Areas Served
- Middlesex County
- East Brunswick Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Metuchen Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- North Brunswick Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Old Bridge Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Perth Amboy Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Sayreville Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- South Amboy Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- South Plainfield Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- South River Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Woodbridge Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Somerset County