Recovering Compensation for Injuries Suffered in Large Vehicle Accidents
If you have been hurt in a collision or accident involving a large motor vehicle, such as a bus, light rail, train, or other mass transit carrier, or in a crash involving a commercial vehicle, chances are your injuries will be severe. In addition, there may be a wide range of factors that led to the accident, including negligence in hiring or training vehicle operators, or failure to comply with state or federal regulations governing maintenance of vehicles or time on the road.
Mass Transit and Bus Wrecks
One of the more challenging aspects with bus, light rail and commuter train accidents can be establishing liability or causation. Among the factors to be considered are:
- Negligence in hiring, training or monitoring drivers or operators, resulting in errors by inexperienced, inept or even intoxicated employees
- Failure to properly inspect or maintain vehicles, leading to mechanical breakdowns
- Negligence in creating schedules, forcing drivers to use less caution in order to meet time constraints
Commercial Vehicle Accidents
Commercial vehicle operators are frequently under great pressure to transport and deliver large quantities of goods. Because of the inherent danger they pose, they are subject to state and federal regulations governing such things as:
- How many hours they can be on the road consecutively
- How much time within a 24 hour period they can be on the road
- How frequently they must conduct specific maintenance checks
In addition to determining whether a commercial truck driver engaged in routine negligence, i.e., failed to use a reasonable standard of care while driving the vehicle, you want a lawyer who understands the regulations to which commercial vehicle operators are subject.
Contact the New Brunswick Car Accident Lawyers at the Law Offices of Harold J. Gerr
At our office, we bring more than 40 years of experience to injured people throughout central New Jersey, including people who have been injured in mass transit and commercial vehicle accidents. We carefully choose the cases we handle, so that we can provide the highest levels of service and personal attention to each client. We are also happy to take over your case, if your first lawyer does not seem to have your best interests in mind.